TribeSound Publishing FAQs

What is a non-exclusive publishing agreement?

In a non-exclusive agreement, the artist retains the rights to their work, and utilizes a publisher to find platforms on which their music can be heard (TV, film, etc…). If the piece is placed, the royalties are split 50/50 between the writers and the publisher. An artist is also able to pursue placement independent of the publisher, hence the term “non-exclusive.”

What if I don’t want my work to be associated with something?

The writer will always have final approval. It is our job to find places to exploit your music, but the decision to do so is yours.

Who distributes royalties?

A performing rights organizations, also known as a PRO.  There are three major PROs: ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC. It is strongly recommended that ALL writers of a work register with one of these, preferably ASCAP, as it is what we utilize here at TribeSound.

Do you help to find record deals?

In short, no. Publishing strictly pertains to finding placement for your songs. That being said, the more placements you receive, the better the chances are of a record label hearing your music.

My song has samples, would you still accept it?

Yes, sampled material is accepted, but it is your duty to obtain permission from the owner of the master recording (usually the record label) and the publisher.

Why should you choose TribeSound?

Here at TribeSound, we like to develop close relationships with our clients to determine where they envision their music and how they want it represented. We’re not just businessmen, we’re passionate about music and keep that first in mind.